So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

Rich Burroughs richieb at teleport.com
Wed Mar 27 23:55:45 PST 1996

 tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:

[snip]
> Jim's argument (?) could be turned in all sorts of ways: "Your Honor, there
> is nothing I can find in the Constitution that says I can't drive on the
> left side of the road at 125 miles per hour." Indeed, there is nothing
> laying out detailed traffic laws. And so on.
[snip]

Or a right to privacy, for that matter.  It's not stated anywhere explicictly
in the Bill of Rights -- the courts have patched together a legal framework for
it.

Rich

Rich Burroughs  richieb at teleport.com  http://www.teleport.com/~richieb
Protest the CDA - Join the EFF's Blue Ribbon Anti-Censorship Campaign!
See my Blue Ribbon Page at http://www.teleport.com/~richieb/blueribbon