Yeo, Pea-brained Imbecile

E. ALLEN SMITH EALLENSMITH at ocelot.Rutgers.EDU
Wed Mar 27 15:11:42 PST 1996

From:	IN%"peponmc at fe3.rust.net"  "Michael Peponis" 19-MAR-1996 10:17:59.06

>Given the plethera of reports like this, I will start maintaining a list of
>country that will not be given access to my site, no FTP, no HTTP, no nothing,
>on top of that, I will hard code into all the new versions of my network aware
>programs to check  for a domain subfix, if it is on of the black list, the
>software will not  function.

	I would suggest making an exception for material that the country in
question _doesn't_ want available... you don't want to do their work for them.
Of course, if that it's from a .gov-type site in that country (kind of hard to
tell without the domain, but...), that's another story.

>Filtering works both ways, they filter out the political and sex groups on
>their end, we filter out the technical information on ours, I hope they enjoy
>what is left, which is not much.

	This brings up the related topic of filtering mail lists the other
way around. There have been times that I've wanted to email everyone on a
mailing list _except_ one or two people. It's massively inconvenient to try to
do this without automated software, for a large mailing list. Therefore, I'd
be interested in majordomo/listserv/whatever modifications that would enable
doing so. Of course, for anything significant having seperately encrypted
messages to each person (as per that thread a bit back on encrypted mailing
lists) would be necessary.
	-Allen