About Triple DES ......

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 27 04:59:47 PST 1996

At 02:24 PM 3/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>   Please let me know if TRIPLE DES is regulated by the same rules than
>the others criptography systems in USA.
>   We want to use it here in National Autonomous University of Mexico, so
>we don't want to get jailed.

I don't know about Mexican law.  US persons are not supposed to export it
without government permission, but that's not very relevant.
Mexican law may or may not restrict import or use of crypto; better check
with someone local.  (I haven't heard anything saying that it _does_
restrict it - I just don't know either way.)

>   In case we can use it somebody knows where can i get the source code ??

That part's easy - DES source is available on ftp.ox.ac.uk, and also on
ftp.dsi.unimi.it and ftp.funet.fi.  There may be specific triple-DES
code there, but if not, triple DES is just
        Encrypt(Key1, Decrypt(Key2, Encrypt(Key3, Message)))
so you can easily write a subroutine to do that.
#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281

1995: Chat rooms, espresso, and Linux