So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary? (Was List O' , shame)

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Tue Mar 26 10:33:59 PST 1996

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, sameer wrote:

> > I think many people on the list here had the right idea generally.  No
> > legislation is good legislation for crypto.  Really the ITAR
> > applications are beseiged right now, and will probably fizzle out of
> > their own accord, not to mention the fact that they are de facto moot.
> >
> > In practice it is trivial to subvert ITAR for the purposes of
> > worldwide crypto availability.
>
> 	You've obviously never brought a crypto product to market
> before.

No, in fact, I have not.

What are the impediments to corporate marketing of crypto where the
marketing and distrubting entity is foreign?  (I honestly don't know)

Granted, worldwide *personal* use of crypto availability is
> trivial, but not corporate.

Sufficently entrench personal use of crypto, and the personal/corporate
use distinction ceases to exist.

> --
> Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-601-9777x3
> Community ConneXion, Inc.			FAX:     510-601-9734
> The Internet Privacy Provider			Dialin:  510-658-6376
> http://www.c2.org/ (or login as "guest")		sameer at c2.org

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information