Why and how people work for free on "challenges"

Simon Spero ses at tipper.oit.unc.edu
Tue Mar 26 05:49:12 PST 1996

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Alan Horowitz wrote:

> Why does the news media think I care if someone has succeeded in
> ballooning across the Atlantic Ocean?

Because it's a cool thing to do?

And why isn't he using his own airline  :-) (Love those Masseusses in "Upper
Class")

---
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO