So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary?

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Mar 26 01:38:57 PST 1996

At 12:23 PM 3/25/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:
> Besides, I think the best way to overturn the
> ITARs is through a court challenge; as I have noted, even the NSA's lawyers
> felt that the ITARs would not withstand court scrutiny.

Note that the spooks have carefully avoided a full bore court
showdown.  They harassed Phil until the statute of limitations
caught up with them, but never brought it to trial.  If we had
no further legislation, and the courts broke ITAR, we would
be home free.  No plausible legislation could give us that.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com