So, what crypto legislation (if any) is necessary? (Was List O' , shame)

Declan B. McCullagh declan+ at CMU.EDU
Mon Mar 25 13:43:27 PST 1996

Excerpts from mail: 25-Mar-96 So, what crypto legislation.. by Simon
Spero at tipper.oit.u
> If the Leahy bill is unacceptable, what legistlation is necessary? I
> can't see how the use of cryptography in the commission of a crime needs
> to be a separate offence, but I could see how it could be treated as a
> special circumstance - that doesn't really needed a new law though.

Leahy's bill will not pass. Period. However, with the introduction of
this legislation comes a chance to get _our side_ heard by the unwired.

-Declan