protection on IoMega ZIP drives

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 24 14:45:13 PST 1996

At 12:55 PM 3/24/96 -0800, Alan Olsen <alano at teleport.com> wrote:
>The SCSI Zip drives do act as normal SCSI drives (though they have a limited
>number of SCSI ids available. (5 & 6 if I remember correctly.) Later drives
>may have this changed.)
>The problems i am encountering are due to the _parellel_ version of the Zip
>drive.  (I bought it because I needed to be able to visit customer sites and
>not all of them have SCSI.)  The drivers fake a scsi port.  (Some laptops
>use a similar driver to attach hard drives to non-scsi systems.)

Hmmm - I've got the Syquest parallel-port drive.  Syquest offers
SCSI and IDE flavors of their drive - and the parallel port
version emulates IDE (don't know if it's EIDE or vanilla IDE...)

#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281
# "At year's end, however, new government limits on Internet access threatened
# to halt the growth of Internet use.  [...] Government control of news media
# generally continues to depend on self-censorship to regulate political and
# social content, but the authorities also consistently penalize those who
# exceed the permissible."  - US government statement on China...

"SigFiles of Unusual Size?  I don't believe they exist!"