e$'s (mini-rant)

Jean-Francois Avon JFA Technologies, QC, Canada jf_avon at citenet.net
Sat Mar 23 10:38:51 PST 1996

  Jeff wrote:
>  <begin mini-rant>

Hi!
I do not know about monetary systems and US laws, but I think that a
national currency
has it's role.

I also think that it should be backed by a physical agreed-on value such as
gold, to prevent
the government of the day to tamper with the monetary system.

But what I think is very wrong with the actual system is the govt
control over all other systems.

Have you ever tried to raise capital for a technological venture lately?

The govt enforces with its own guns a monopoly in favor of certain peoples
we call
stock brokers.

The SEC and their counterparts in most countries is a nightmare to anybody
who has
a good idea, the knowhow to develop it and no taste for "smart" scheming
with money.

The SEC rules ultimate result is that it permits peoples to acquire money
without
accomplishing any productive work related to the creation of that money.

I do not mean to say that the broker job is wrong, but the government gun
that backs them
up is.

E-cash might be or might not be a violation of the current rules, I have no
ideas.
But I see infinite possibilities to finance small idea/knowledge rich and
capital poor
ventures....

I just downloaded magic money yesterday night and played with it long past
bedtime.

JFA

 Public Key at http://w3.citenet.net/users/jf_avon
    Jean-Francois Avon <jf_avon at citenet.net>
    2048 bits key ID:C58ADD0D  1996/03/01
fingerprint=52 96 45 E8 20 5A 8A 5E  F8 7C C8 6F AE FE F8 91