detweiling

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Mar 23 08:22:57 PST 1996

At 6:18 AM 3/23/96, Rich Graves wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 1996, Anonymous wrote:
>>  <Detweiler stuff.>
> <Rich's response to Detweiler stuff>

Uh, Rich?...

You've probably been detweiled by Detweiler himself.

Someone around here has a concordance program, called MEDUSA, if I remember
right, which can spot Detweiler pretty well by statistical analysis of the
words he uses.

My hunch is that this particular "anonymous" is LD himself. I take my hint
from this line:

> the joke of course may be that detweiler could have
> been dead for a long time, and people here would
> still be blaming him for their problems. perhaps
> we have a new convenient substitute for Satan in
> the cyberspace age. "the detweiling made me do it."
> (hee, hee). "projection" was identified by freud
  ^^^^^^^^^^^

> in another century as a basic device of the ego,
> a pity that few in our modern era are aware-- or
> perhaps it is not such a pity from detweiler's
> perspective. <g>
>
> (p.s. I imagine quite a few people will accuse "me" of
> being detweiler. I assure you my amusement will at least
> exceed or match that which detweiler ever obtained.)

... Which could have been put there on purpose. You Never Know... ;-).

All this and the fact that he now wants to convert his name into a verb.

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Reality is not optional." --Thomas Sowell
The e$ Home Page: http://thumper.vmeng.com/pub/rah/