Martin Marietta Energy Systems' summary of December GAK meeting

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Mar 23 06:35:07 PST 1996

Responding to msg by pfarrell at netcom.com (Pat Farrell) on Sat,
23 Mar  8:57 AM

>Nothing really new here, the author recorded
>essentially what I wrote up  and posted back in
>December. But this author has a different viewpoint.

Pat's report was much better, and it's worth wondering why NIST
bothered to send out this "unofficial" summary rather than one
of its own professional reports. Perhaps to flash the name of a
big corporation as evidence of industry input, perhaps to
induce paranoia that something else is going on beneath the
camouflage and shrewd business better get on board.

I'm nasty enough to think that NIST hopes this throwaway will
sedate their opponents.

Recall that the Administration has not really responded to
authentic, open, industry criticism. And seems to be
stonewalling in public while making mutually beneficial
arrangements favored insiders -- like Martin Marietta, eager to
claim, with relief, that nothing of importance happened at the
meeting to upset covert deals?