Excluding articles from DejaNews

Rich Graves llurch at networking.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 23 06:07:44 PST 1996

I just noticed this in their FAQ, dated February 20th:

     Q: I don't want my Usenet articles to appear in Deja News. What do I do?
     A: We have implemented a feature whereby if your article contains an
        X-Header looking like

     your article will be excluded from our database forever.

Anyone know if other search engines support this? I think such a standard
would be a Good Thing. Of course there will be the odd private archive,
and of course some nastyfolks might grep Usenet just for X-No-Archive
headers, but this is a good step for casual alt.support - type privacy.

-rich