[NOISE] Re: Ecash API about to be released

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Fri Mar 22 23:22:07 PST 1996

At 02:49 PM 3/22/96 -0500, t byfield wrote:
>9:34 AM 3/22/96, jim bell:
>
>> For obvious reasons, I am interested in ecash with full payee, as well as
>> payer, anonymity.  Last I heard, Digicash didn't provide this.  Any updates?
>
>        Finally setting up shop, eh?

No, just keeping the pot boiling.

> I can see your shingle already:
>
>                   ------------------------------------
>                  |                                    |
>                  |   JIM "Yeah, THOSE Daltons" BELL   |
>                  |                                    |
>                  |   Anonymous Assassination Broker   |
>                  |                                    |
>                  |            "redefining             |
>                  |           random violence          |
>                  |             since 1996"            |
>                   ------------------------------------

One reason I can say with a good degree of confidence that I've already won
the debate is that my opponents are stuck with fielding silly "feel-good"
one-liners such as the one you've crafted above.  Nothing I've said
indicates that I'm in favor of "random violence":  the kind I would
_enthusiastically_ facilitate is a highly-directed form of violence, in the
direction of people who have historically maintained a high degree of
implied and potential violence in this society for decades.  That's right,
government employees.  You know, the ones who can attack you (as they did
Rodney King), illegally search your house (as they did OJ Simpson), shoot up
and eventually burn your residence (a la Waco) and kill innocent people in a
standoff (Ruby Ridge.)  Oh, yes, I can't forget Donald Scott's fate, to be
killed in a hail of police bullets fired during a search obtained with
perjured testimony.

Not to mention the collection of well over a trillion dollars in individual
and corporate income taxes, none of which could be collected without the
ultimate threat of violence against those who resist.

Naturally, the closet (and not-so-closet) statists see nothing wrong with
this kind of government-authorized violence, and therefore they would object
to any attempt to prevent it as I am doing.

The only way you will ever be able to effectively challenge my opinions is
if you're forced to deal with reality:  This society is already saturated
with violence and the threat of violence, and the only way to stop it is to
disable those who maintain that violence.  The best way is to force them to
resign, or eliminate them if they do not.

Care to try again with a more credible argument?

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com