BOAF Sat April 6, Melbourne

Julian Assange proff at suburbia.net
Fri Mar 22 06:15:54 PST 1996

		 ____        _                _     _
		/ ___| _   _| |__  _   _ _ __| |__ (_) __ _
		\___ \| | | | '_ \| | | | '__| '_ \| |/ _` |
		 ___) | |_| | |_) | |_| | |  | |_) | | (_| |
		|____/ \__,_|_.__/ \__,_|_|  |_.__/|_|\__,_|
			       Birds of a feather
			 ____            _         _
			|  _ \ __ _ _ __| |_ _   _| |
			| |_) / _` | '__| __| | | | |
			|  __/ (_| | |  | |_| |_| |_|
			|_|   \__,_|_|   \__|\__, (_)
					     |___/

		    Saturday April 6, 1996 (easter weekend)
			    8:30pm till day light
			      boaf at suburbia.net
			     Melbourne Australia
	        (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/dest/aust/melb.htm)

Q: who's invited?
A: you

Q: who will be there?
A: a cross-social strata of individuals, occupations and ages. It will
   be an eclectic evening.

Q: no, I mean who will *really* be there?
A: now is not the time for potentially dichotomatic simplifications of
   character, but what the heck...

(a) Suburbia users:

	From magistrates and politicians to convicted computer hackers.
	We have as users private investigators, writers, programmers,
	QC's, record producers, musicians, film directors, journalists,
	policemen, intelligence agents, chess champions, members of
	obscure religious sects, netball umpires, many, many types of
	scientists and engineers, security experts, doctors,
	accountants, bartenders, choral conductors, comedians, nurses,
	DJ's, military police, drivers license testing officers,
	farmers, haematologists, herbalists, unionists, lecturers,
	librarians, linguists, paramedics, basketball umpires, air force
	pilots, singers, surgeons, system operators, linesmen, TV
	service men, solicitors, taxi drivers, teachers, unemployed
	inventors, veterinarians, actresses, aerobics instructors, art
	directors, athletes, chefs, bank clerks, cleaners, prison
	officers, dentists, dishwashers, film marketers, housewives,
	locksmiths, pensioners, radiologists and waiters (to name a few)

(b) members of the following Suburbia run mailing lists:

	Avenue
		St. Etienne (a musical group) fans.
	BoS (best-of-security digest)
		Paranoid system admins, computer hackers,
		security professionals and a whole bunch of spooks
	Inside-Source (inside-source)
		As above, but don't introduce these guys to your sister.
	LACC (Legal Aspects of Computer Crime)
		Lawyers, security professionals, police, hackers,
		certifyably paranoid system admins and political
		activists

(c) 	Memebers of the:

	Powerline Action Group
	Alternative Technology Association
	Center for Comtempory Photography
	Ross House Association
	Australian Public Access Network Association
	Private Inquiry Agents Association

(d)     Selected people and organisations that we owe favors to, and who
        shall remain anonymous.

(e)	Fans of T. Capody, P.K Dick, Stanislaw Lem, Pushkin, Nabakov,
	Dostoevesky or Thomas Pynchon.

Venue:

	A computationally secure address in North Melbourne,
	approximately 10 minutes drive from the city center and 5
	minutes walk from the North Melbourne railway station.

	There will be around 15 Internet ISDN connected PC's and a
	pro-tem dedicated link to Suburbia. Though, we encourage you
	to forget all about life as a keyboard interface for the night.

	Main course meals will be available for around $10 a head.
	Drinks will be served till 1am.

	Email boaf at suburbia.net for the ADDRESS and DIRECTIONS on how to
	get to it. You will need to include the number of people you
	plan bringing and how many of those (including yourself) desire
	to digest something other than the fascinating conversation. Do
	not request the address unless you definitely plan on coming, or
	our calculations and your reputation will go down like a V1.

	There is NO door fee, but small donations of dollars
	and/or computer/radio/microwave hardware/cables are encouraged
	(or you might get a few funny looks) to help cover costs.

Music:
	BYO and we will play it provided it is something people can
	background if they want to talk. Most techno, hard-rock and
	pop will end up as a North Melbourne UFO sighting before it gets
	anywhere near the audio equipment. R&B, Jazz fusion, and Syd
	Barret (early Pink Floyd) style/derived material will be looked
	upon a good deal more favorably, but some of us are open minded.

Dress:
	Anything that doesn't get you an indecent exposure charge will
	get you in the door. 1930's incognito is just fine.

	ps. the undercover colour of the day is purple.