No Subject

owner-cypherpunks at toad.com owner-cypherpunks at toad.com
Thu Mar 21 02:17:36 PST 1996

I have  been working for some time on a project that involves doing
proactive file authorization/authentication under Windows NT.  In the
process, I've been working on an extension to the Kernel layer of the
operating system because we need to be able to catch read/writes to
the disk.  (All perfectly legal according to the DDK, just
ot documented worth a damn.)  All of this is designed to work
directly with the functionality given to us by the NT-Security layer.

Basically, I'm now questioning the C2 rating of Windows NT.  The
entire security layer is  modular to the Kernel.  As a modular
driver, it can be removed, rewritten, and replaced.

So, what makes it secure?  What gives it the C2 Rating?  How would
one go about getting a C2 rating?

Brad