[NOISE] Re: Dorothy Denning attacks Leahy's crypto bill

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed Mar 20 12:36:56 PST 1996

Alan Bostick writes:
> Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com> wrote:
>
> > I may have to adjust my position on Leahy's bill. Any legislation that
> > Dorothy Denning attacks so virulently must be worth passing.
>
> That could be exactly what They want you to think!

Oh, God. This is really a bit too much, don't you think?

I mean, its obvious that, whatever its flaws, passage of the Leahy
bill would be very bad for the export control droids. Has it occurred
to you that the whole thing might not be a conspiracy and that the
flaws in the bill might just be that -- flaws?

Perry