M$ CryptoAPI Question

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Mar 19 12:43:25 PST 1996

At 06:27 PM 3/17/96 EST, Dr. Dimitri Vulis wrote:
> I wonder if it's worth it to crack their approval mechanism so we can
> add our own crypto subsystems without asking Microsoft's approval.

Wait.

Wait for some apps to come out that use Microsofts crypto.

Wait until Microsoft makes some oppressive decisions,
or is compelled to make some oppressive decisions.]

I do not expect that any cracking will be needed.  Microsoft
will approve a freeware module for use in America, and then,
alas alas, someone will leak it.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com