InfoWarCon V 1996: Call For Papers

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Sun Mar 17 08:57:06 PST 1996

At 11:01 PM 3/16/96 -0500, winn at Infowar.Com wrote:
>                   C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
>
>                          InfoWarCon 5, 1996
>           Fifth International Information Warfare Conference
>            "Dominating the Battlefields of Business and War"
>                         September 5-6, 1996
>                           Washington, DC
>Sponsored by:
>     Winn Schwartau, Interpact, Inc.
>     National Computer Security Association
>     Robert Steele, Open Source Solutions, Inc.
>
>Information Warfare represents a global challenge that faces all late-industrial
>and information age nation states.  It also represents the easiest and cheapest
>way for less developed nation-states and religious or political movements to
>anonymously and grievously attack major nations and international corporations.
>
>This Fifth International Conference on Information Warfare is an unclassified,
>open source conference, and will examine US and global perspectives on all three
>classes of Information Warfare:

I'm wondering if I should bother re-writing my "Assassination Politics"
essay into the form of a paper and submitting it to these people.  While it
might nominally be considered right down their alley, from a subject
standpoint, even a cursory look at the location (Washington, DC) and the
invited people (large companies and military) suggest that my ideas would be
just about as welcome as a yarmulke at a Nazi Party convention.

I'm not aware of the agenda (hidden or otherwise) of the sponsors, so I don't know whether I should even bother.  Many people aren't particularly appreciative of being "one-upped" (not to mention made obsolete) so it's not clear that they'd give me the time of day.

Any ideas as to their receptiveness?

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com