Do you feel lucky, punk?

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Wed Mar 13 00:12:13 PST 1996

At 05:54 PM 3/11/96 -0500, Black Unicorn wrote:

>[rant including some very dubious abstracts of legal opinions deleted]
>
>Not only is your law poor and badly reasoned,

Just what George Will said about this recent Bennis SC decision.

> your mastery of  the jurisprudence of forfeiture law flawed,

Ditto, and I notice you give no specific examples.  Why is that?

> and your rhetoric twisted,

Again, you give no specific examples.  And what is "twisted rhetoric", at
least as you've used it here?

>but you don't seem to know the difference between dicta and holdings.

I didn't use either term.  Neither did George Will.

Maybe you read that item too rapidly to notice that most of it was George
Will's column, not my wording.

BTW, I get particularly suspicious when people "respond"
to my posts and quote NOTHING that I have said.  This seems to be a pattern:
 The person clearly disagrees with my position in general, but can't cite
specifics and in fact studiously avoids them.  Padgett Peterson is an expert
at this, it appears you're trying to emulate him.

What, then, was the point of sending me the note, as well as wasting
bandwidth on CP to share your unhappiness?

Jim Bell
jimbell at pacifier.com