How's that again?

Dr. Dimitri Vulis dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Wed Mar 13 00:07:11 PST 1996

jim bell <jimbell at pacifier.com> writes:
> At 02:38 PM 3/12/96 -0800, Sandy Sandfort wrote:
> >Hey, Jim, don't forget me.  You are the only person I have ever
> >specifically UNinvited to one of my parties in over a decade of
> >hosting same.  I guess that makes you special.
>
> You're confused.  You're describe YOUR reaction to ME, not MY reaction to
> YOU.  And I am unaware of being invited to a "party," and now that I've
> discovered what a sleazy person Alan Olsen and his merry band are, it is
> really doubtful that I would have enjoyed what was advertised as a
> cypherpunks meeting, but which you now claim was a "party."  Your level of
> "honesty" is showing.

"Cypherpunk" is not a trademarked name. I've seen people say on this list
(paraphrased) "I'm a cypherpunk, and I oppose unrestricted free speech
because we must silence {homophobes}child pornographers|terrorists}" or
"I'm hosting a cypherpunks meeting and X will not be permitted to come
because I don't like his political views". I like reading this list, but
if these views are compatible with being a cypherpunk, then I'm not one.

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis