[NOISE] Re: Do you feel lucky, punk?

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Mon Mar 11 17:32:13 PST 1996

>In fact, I would argue that a remailer operator will actually be considered
>MORE responsible, legally, than Mrs. Bennis:

On the contrary, the government would have far _less_ ability to forfeit
the property of a remailer-operator for the activities of a non-owning abuser
than they do to seize Mrs. Bennis's car, because the misuser, Mr. Bennis,
was also its owner.

On the other hand, I'd say that a remailer used for assassination politics
is _far_ more likely to be seized, warranted, subpoenaed, and otherwise harassed
that one merely used for unencrypted dirty pictures or encrypted dirty money....
#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281
# "At year's end, however, new government limits on Internet access threatened
# to halt the growth of Internet use.  [...] Government control of news media
# generally continues to depend on self-censorship to regulate political and
# social content, but the authorities also consistently penalize those who
# exceed the permissable."  - US government statement on China...