PA

A. Padgett Peterson P.E. Information Security PADGETT at hobbes.orl.mmc.com
Sun Mar 10 15:53:34 PST 1996

Tim rote:
>(By the way, I also figured out the anonymous markets for assassinations
>bit, too, in 1988, and discussed it in detail then with Eric Drexler, Marc
>Stiegler, Mark Miller, Robin Hanson, and others.

Long enough ago that I have forgotten the citation, I read an even older
SF story about explosive necklaces worn by politicians. If their electronic
agreement percentage (and think this was in the sixties folks) dropped
too low, a vacancy occured.
						Warmly,
							Padgett

ps if you have strong principles, and stick by them, sooner or later you
   will manage to offend everyone.