Who is DCS? (was "Finding Married Women}

Jack Vonderheide infsuphw at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 8 03:58:42 PST 1996

This is in response to the many e-mails I have received on this
subject:

1.  I am a consultant that works with major banks in the fraud
prevention and due diligence areas.

2.  I have no connection whatsoever with DCS or any member of its
management.

3.  Last week (2/26) I made a personal visit to DCS' offices near
Dallas for the purpose of learning more about their offerings.

4.  VERY BRIEFLY, DCS has assembled a database with in excess of 200
million records.  The database is searchable by any criteria or
combination of criteria.  As an example, if you wanted to know all
Janes that were born on 03/01/42, you can simply ask the system for
that information and you get it.  If you wanted to know everyone with
the last name Williams that lives in zip code 90210, same deal.

5.  There is a wide variety of information available, including full
DOB, physical description, SSN, address, phone number.

6.  What I found particularly attractive about this service is the
pricing scheme.  There is a one-time charge of $195 to establish an
account.  Thereafter, you only pay for what you access.  A nationwide
search is $5.00 and returns up to 100 matches.  If you want a full
report on one of the "hits" that will return everything but credit
header information, it costs an additional $4.00.  Credit header
information costs another $6.00.  So, for $15.00, you get everything
without paying any monthly fees or "time online" charges.  However, if
none of the "hits" look promising, you've only spent $5.00.

7.  DCS can be reached at 800-299-3647 or 214-422-3600.  Contact's name
is Andy.