Vexatious Litigants (was: SurfWatch)

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 8 03:30:14 PST 1996

At 10:29 PM 3/7/96 -0800, the TimWatch service posted:

>Opinions are opinions, and a free society has no business suppressing
>opinions by use of torts. (Another related area is the use of torts to halt
>public comment on controversial development plans. These are called "SLAPP"
>suits--"Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation." For example,
>where AT&T sues "the Cypherpunks" to shut them up about their anti-Clipper
>feelings. Some judges are awarding large damages to the groups hit with the
>SLAPP suits.)

Hey, give The Big Phone Company a break - they did just stop pushing
Lotus Notes (I don't remember if they were providing the latest
espionage-enabled verstion or just the one previous to it.)
Of course, their decision wasn't based on Lotus's selection of GAK;
it was more related to their success in selling this high-mainenance service,
which may also be related to Lotus's decision to try to increase their
foreign market......

#--
#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215 pager 408-787-1281