No Subject

JonWienke at aol.com JonWienke at aol.com
Fri Mar 8 02:17:18 PST 1996

d 96-03-07 20:19:12 EST, you write:

>Because the drive is portable. You can place an easily concealled two-pound
>135 Mb drive in a briefcase or backpack and have a travelling MixMaster
>site. Here today, there tomorrow, someplace else the next day. Makes the
>whole system a real problem for the security types to track down.

Why not just put an IDE/SCSI EZ drive in a Pentium laptop with an ISDN or
28.8K modem?  That would be the ultimate in portability; you could still hide
the whole thing, or remove the cartridge and destroy it fairly quickly if
necessary.  That would give you the best of all worlds.

However, no matter where you are physically located, you have to have an
account with somebody somewhere to get Internet access.  If the gov't wants
you out of business, they can cancel your ISP account or revoke your domain
name and shut you down that way.  I suppose it would be harder for them to
prosecute you if they didn't know where you were, though...

Jonathan Wienke