SurfWatch

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Thu Mar 7 22:12:01 PST 1996

At  6:59 PM 3/7/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:
>If SurfWatch can be sued for a "bad review," then Siskel and Ebert had
>better find a new line of work.

As long as a reviewer corrects errors, as SurfWatch seems to be willing to
do, I think they are relativly suit-proof.  If they don't, well - anyone
can be sued for anything.  I'll let the lawyers comment on the possibility
of success.

Does anyone know the protocol SurfWatch uses to communicate their ratings
to the software that runs in individual's PCs?  Does it allow monitoring
browsing patterns?

Regards - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA