Assassination Politics 9!

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Thu Mar 7 21:05:39 PST 1996

At 12:13 PM 3/3/96 -0500, John Young wrote:
>On Mar 03, 1996 10:57:14, 'nobody at REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)' wrote:
>

>>Just because you two aren't interested, doesn't mean others aren't.
>>Work is actually in progress in implementing such a system.
>

>The Economist of March 2 has a cover story on state, church and private
>terrorism, the effectiveness and failures of each, the arguments and
>apologies, the savages and the victims, the lucrative concocting of
>imaginary enemies -- military, religious, political, personal.
>
>It's conclusions are ... well, have a read and dread how the Demon Trio of
>state, church and private super-righteous sub-humans will murder you and
>your loved ones next to fulfill their blind ambitions.

Well, I'm not particularly interested in how the Establishment is going to
demonize those who would seek its eventual downfall.  While I probably
wouldn't have any argument against complaints about "state and church
terrorism," I really
doubt whether the so-called "private terrorism" you mention above qualifies.

Most traditional "terrorism" (as least "traditional," by the standards of
the last 20 years) is thought to involve relatively unfocussed attacks
against people and locations, but in situations where attacks against
selected government officials would be far more selective and effective.
Naturally, those same officials wouldn't approve of replacing a scattershot
technique with one that targets them more directly.

Since I propose exactly that kind of replacement, I am presumably not the
most ingratiating figure to these people.