book idea: info terrorism/espionage etc.

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Thu Mar 7 09:53:12 PST 1996

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

[...]

> I was just thinking what an interesting book this could be. if
> it doesn't cover the ideas of "information terrorism" that are
> hinted in e.g. Strassman's remailer paper, it seems this is a
> vacuum that could be filled with a very significant/interesting
> tome by someone.

Been addressed.  See e.g., Winn Schwartau, "Defense in Depth for
Information Systems Survival"  8 International Journal of Intelligence and
Counterintelligence 2, 229.

Mr. Schwartau is the Exec. director of Inter.Pact, Inc., a Florida
information security firm and has written what is considered, in some
circles, the seminal work on the subject "Informational Warfare: Chaos
on the Electronic Superhighway.

[..]

> I've seen a lot of editorials on reforming the spook apparatus,
> and it seems now is the prime moment for some very influential books
> to come out to influence future policy ideas.

Apparently you're not as well read as you think, Lance.  :)

---
My prefered and soon to be permanent e-mail address: unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information