No Subject

owner-cypherpunks at toad.com owner-cypherpunks at toad.com
Wed Mar 6 09:09:44 PST 1996

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996, Nelson Minar wrote:

> The thing that bothers me about existing steganography code I've seen
> is that it all uses uncommon communication channels to hide data. For
> instance, the "hide data in a picture" programs: useful, up to a
> point, but how often do I send pictures to other people? I think to be
> effective, methods need to be employed that exploit existing, well
> used communication channels.

Then he sez:

> So here's one idea I've had as a place to hide a channel: network
> video, in particular CU-SeeMe video streams. CU-SeeMe is a lowtech

I think it likely that people will be sending GIFs and JPEGs to each
other far more often than video.  Video is far more an "uncommon
communications channel" than is a uuencoded picture.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
					800/558-3408 SkyPager
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring