Signature

Charles Choi (SAR) choi at virtu.sar.usf.edu
Tue Mar 5 19:55:51 PST 1996

Delurking beginner...
1)	Is it possible to base a privacy key ( e.g. PGP ) on a fractal
		equation, instead of an algorithm based on two primes?
		This would allow for an eternal level of complexity due
		to infinite field of depth one can find as one 'zooms in'
		closer ( correct me because I'm wrong; I'm not a math major,
		although increasingly I wish I was... ), allowing for near
		unbreakable privacy of information.
2)	It is dead certain that our governments will want at their disposal
		a decrypt program to crack into data containing information
		possibly related to crimes ( or what not ).  Perhaps access
		to this program can somehow be leased out like a search warrant
		by a judge, which at least means a check and balance, and any
		unauthorized use of the program ( perhaps when it cracks into
		encryptext [ what I call ciphertext, as opposed to uncryptext,
		or plaintext ;) ] it leaves a very characteristic signature, or
		cracking into the database that contains the program is near
		impossible; maybe it's not physically connected to the
		Internet until the warrant is granted ) results in punishment,
		of course.
Back to lurking...

							Sincerely.
							Quentin Holte.