Duress

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Mon Mar 4 15:17:25 PST 1996

At  2:14 PM 3/4/96 -0500, jf_avon at citenet.net (Jean-Francois Avon (JFA
Technologies, QC, wrote:
>The transponder analogy might not be very accurate.
>
>When you fly in a controled airspace, the *controller* asks you to
>dial in certain digits on the transponder.

The analogy may be reaching its elastic limit although you can use those
transponder codes when flying VFR, not in radio contact.  What I really
wanted to suggest is that we try to design (when we can) to minimize the
possibility of bad things happening to people who use duress codes.

Regards - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA