Nortel "Entrust"

Jonathon Fletcher jonathon at japan.sbi.com
Sat Mar 2 14:00:05 PST 1996

  Can anyone tell me anything about a product called "Entrust", by Nortel
(Northern Telecom). The notes talk about the software using DES ("which
employs a 56-bit key") so I guess it's single DES, not triple DES. It also
mentions a proprietary algorithm called CAST.

  Is this worthy of further investigation, or is it suspect ? What is
CAST, and would it be classed as snake oil ?

  Please cc to me in mail - I have a little trouble dealing with the
volume here.

Sincerely,

-Jon

--
  Jonathon Fletcher,         "opinions are my own, not my employer's"
  jonathon at japan.sbi.com