crypto and bagpipes [NOISE]

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Sat Jun 29 15:13:50 PDT 1996

At 10:55 PM 6/28/96 -0400, Declan B. McCullagh wrote:
>Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 27-Jun-96 Re: crypto and bagpipes
>[NO.. by "Perry E. Metzger"@pierm
>> No one who has heard sustained bagpipe playing can deny the fact that
>> bagpipes are indeed an instrument of war, with no legitimate place in
>> peaceful everyday society.
>
>Hmm... Carnegie Mellon University is the only school in the country with
>a bagpipe major, you know. You haven't lived until you've heard a
>screeching 'pipe at 3 am in front of Hunt Library.

I guess this explains the pro-censorship outlook of the students and staff
there.  Maybe someone should be investigating the evil effects of bagpipes
on the mind.  (The Freudian implications of bagpipe playing alone should get
someone there to do something about it...)

---
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano at teleport.com  |