domain name zapping threat by Internic

mongol at netzone.com mongol at netzone.com
Tue Jun 25 17:59:28 PDT 1996

Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

> it seems to me that now would be a brilliant time for someone
> to introduce a "non NIC registration service" that sets up an
> alternate DNS that guarantees that members will never be charged
> money. of course that's what the DNS "sort of" started out as...
>
> sigh.

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there already a method to bypass the NIC registration fee?  I thought
one could use the international method for addressing.  You know, something like *.phx.az.us (for a site in
Phoenix, Arizona, United States).  As far as I know, there isn't the fee that is charged for non location-based
addressing.  (Although, I'd rather have a regular address)

Ben