Cash Is Dying

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Sat Jun 22 16:58:39 PDT 1996

At 02:10 AM 6/22/96 -0500, snow wrote:
>On 21 Jun 1996 nelson at crynwr.com wrote:
>> Cash is anonymous.
>
>	And will remain as long as it still is. E-cash is a great idea,
>and I hope to see it _really_ working soon, but it will not be anonymous
>anytime in the forseable future.
>
>	Also, people won't trust it. Not the people that read this list, I
>trust some of the people here, and if they say it works, I trust that. Not
>just one, but _all_ of the group I trust. No, people like my parents and
>other relatives. People smart enough to read the papers, and smart enough
>not to trust everything the "experts" say.

After hearing some of my friends and aquaintences rant about the little
metal strips in money and how it is a conspiracy to see how much cash you
have in your pockets from the orbital mind control satelites, I am just
waiting to see what they will say about e-cash.  Probibly something about
the hidden methods the government will force into the protocol to enable
them to track each and every transaction.  (Better not say that too loud
though, or they might get ideas...)

You will know that e-cash is here to stay when the conspiracy freaks latch
onto it as the next increment of the "Number of the Beast(tm)".

>	Cash is easy, cash is plentiful, you can hold cash in your hand
>and KNOW that you have it.

And you do not have to check in with the bank every time you spend it...

---
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.teleport.com/~alano/          | alano at teleport.com  |