Safemail

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Thu Jun 20 07:09:00 PDT 1996

At 02:10 PM 6/19/96 CDT, Daniel R. Oelke wrote:

>He did assure me it wasn't GOST, or anything published.
>Story was that a Russian emigrant (sp?) came over to the US
>and this is his algorithm.  Apparently this person is
>not willing (at this time) to put the algorithm out for
>public review.

"Howdy.  Since I just met you in this bar and really like you I wanted to
tell you about this Russian sailor I met.  His ship is in port for only a
few more hours and he has all these Russian gold coins that he wants to
sell.  Now you know he can't sell the coins in those commie countries so
he's so desperate for cash that he'll sell them for just $100 an ounce.
I've got $5,000 right here in this envelope why don't you take $5,000 out of
your bank and we'll meet him and make some fast dough."

I think that sailor has a great new secret algorithm as well.

DCF