Snake_Oil_punks was Re: SafE Mail Corporation

David E. Smith dsmith at prairienet.org
Tue Jun 18 21:11:54 PDT 1996

[Snake oil alert!]

>         PGP has the secret key in its public key!
>
>         Found out that not only does this algorithm use 22 characters.
>         The characters are the ones only found on the keyboard.
>
>         SafeMail uses a proprietary Russian algorithm.
>
> Not only is this company misquoting it's making up as it goes along. :)

Okay, then I hereby claim the secret key 1234567890qwertyuiop+- as
my public key.  Now, by running that through the SafeMail
Russian algorithm, I get "Nyet!"

Would somebody please give these chums a clue or two, or
mailbomb their sorry asses, or something?

dave

----- David E. Smith, dsmith at prairienet.org
PO Box 324 Cape Girardeau MO USA 63702-0324
http://www.prairienet.org/~dsmith/dave.html
"fighting ultimate cosmic evil...
           ... one bean burrito at a time."