Bye Bye Middleman

middle-man-admin at nym.jpunix.com middle-man-admin at nym.jpunix.com
Sun Jun 16 15:36:33 PDT 1996

To Whom it may Concern:

	The middleman remailer has not been as robust or reliable as I had
hoped. It relies too heavily on the nym servers and the reliability of the
other remailers that it randomly selects. As you can tell by Raph's list,
middleman has not responded to a ping a ping in some time. I've been
looking at the process for several days now and have come to the
conclusion that it will probably never achieve a level of reliability that
will make it a reasonable remailer. With this in mind, I am formally
announcing the retirement of the middleman Type-II remailer. It was an
interesting experiment but it just didn't pan out.

				middle-man-admin at nym.jpunix.com