Comments on MicroPayments and the Web

Bruce Baugh bruce at aracnet.com
Sat Jun 15 12:44:29 PDT 1996

At 10:54 AM 6/15/96 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>> Just like commercial crypto, servers, news clients, and the like are all
>> superior to the free versions?
>
>Software and hardware follow different rules.

This is true enough.

On the other hand, it's true that money by itself is not (in my experience)
the deciding factor on the quality of a service provider. I moved some
months ago from the biggest ISP in town to one with a much smaller resource
base but greatly superior service in the areas that mattered to me (fast
news, reliable mail, etc). The guy in charge is making better use of what
he's got.

On the gripping hand, if my current provider had the other provider's bucks,
things could _really_ fly.

--
Bruce Baugh
bruce at aracnet.com