Remailer Operator Liability?

snow snow at smoke.suba.com
Sat Jun 15 03:50:48 PDT 1996

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, John A. Perry wrote:

> 	Now that the CDA decision has been made, I was wondering how this
> would affect the liability status of the various remailer operators? In
> the past several remailers have opted to discontinue service due to
> legal/political pressure. Will this CDA decision help to decrease remailer
> operator liability?

	I seem to get the idea that the problem is more in the realm of
civil suits than problems with "direct" legality. I say direct, because
IANAL and I don't know the correct way to phrase it.

	Saying it another way, it currently isn't the FBI that is the
problem, but rather the CO$.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro at suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow at crash.suba.com