Remailer Operator Liability?

Deranged Mutant WlkngOwl at unix.asb.com
Sat Jun 15 02:36:30 PDT 1996

On 14 Jun 96 at 8:34, John A. Perry wrote:

> 	Now that the CDA decision has been made, I was wondering how this
> would affect the liability status of the various remailer operators? In
> the past several remailers have opted to discontinue service due to
> legal/political pressure. Will this CDA decision help to decrease remailer
> operator liability?

Only if a remailer operator intends to fight legal pressure in the
courts, which requires time, patience, hope and of course, lots of
money and good lawyers.

Whether the CDA decision would give one more hope etc. is debatable.
Wait for a Supreme Ruling from the Court of Elders of the
Constitution...

Rob.
---
No-frills sig.
Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 wlkngowl at unix.asb.com (root at magneto)
        AB1F4831 1993/05/10 Deranged Mutant <wlkngowl at unix.asb.com>
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.