CALL FOR PAPERS

Robert Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Jun 14 20:42:51 PDT 1996

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:39:13 -0700
From: Taher Elgamal <elgamal at netscape.com>
To: ipsec at TIS.COM, ietf-pkix at tandem.com
Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS
Sender: ipsec-approval at neptune.tis.com

CALL FOR PAPERS

Multimedia Data Security

Part of IS&T/SPIE's 1997 Symposium on
Electronic Imaging: Science & Technology
8-14 February 1997
San Jose Convention Center
San Jose, California   USA

Conference Chair: Taher Elgamal, Netscape Communications

The growth of the use of public networks as the platform for multimedia
applications in the past year has made it important to devise mechanisms for
ensuring proper use of intellectual property, and increased the importance
of employing security mechanisms for video and audio data. This conference
will serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas in the areas of security
systems and mechanisms especially in applications that handle large data
volumes.

Papers are solicited in all areas of security systems and algorithms
including but not limited to:

* security systems for imaging applications
* security systems for real-time video applications
* performance studies and comparisons for securing image data
* watermarking and detection of fraudulent copying of intellectual property
* metering schemes for intellectual property usage
* audio and video encryption mechanisms
* key management and security protocols for broadcast applications
* payment systems for online multimedia applications
* content protection mechanisms for online multimedia distribution.

This conference is just one of nearly 30 conferences to be held at the EI'97
symposium. And EI'97 is one of 4 collocated symposia (Electronic Imaging,
Biomedical Optics, Lasers and Applications, and Optoelectronics).

Watch SPIE's web site for the entire Photonics West Call for Papers (late
May-early June):
http://www.spie.org/web/meetings/meetings_home.html

For a printed call for papers or other information:
E-mail: pw97 at spie.org
Fax: 360/647-1445
Phone: 360/676-3290

DEADLINES
Paper Abstracts (for review) Due from Authors:

Camera-Ready Abstracts (from accepted authors) Due:

Manuscripts Due from all Authors:

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT

Send a 500 word abstract of your paper, by 15 July, in ONE of
the following ways:

>>electronic mail in ASCII format (NOT encoded) to abstracts at spie.org
>>The SUBJECT line must include: EI97 (Elgamal)
         (Send one submission per email message.)
Note: There will also be available an interactive abstract submission form
on the web site.

>>mail (please mail 4 hard copies) to:     IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging '97
     SPIE, P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, WA  98227-0010
     Shipping Address: 1000 20th Street, Bellingham, WA  98225
     Telephone: 360/676-3290

>>fax to SPIE at 360/647-1445     (Please send one submission per fax.)

Be sure each abstract includes the following:

1. CONFERENCE CHAIR and CONFERENCE TITLE (submit to ONLY ONE conference)
     to which the abstract is submitted

2. AUTHOR LISTING (List principal author first)
     for each author: full name [first(given) last(family] and affiliation,
     mailing address, phone/fax numbers, email

3. ABSTRACT/PAPER TITLE

4. ABSTRACT TEXT: 500 words typed on white paper

5. KEYWORDS: maximum of 5 keywords

6. BRIEF BIOGRAPHY of the principal author: 50-100 words
Taher Elgamal	    elgamal at netscape.com
Chief Scientist, Netscape Communications
(T) 415 937 2898, (F) 415 428 4054

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah at shipwright.com)
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"If they could 'just pass a few more laws',
  we would all be criminals."    --Vinnie Moscaritolo
The e$ Home Page: http://www.vmeng.com/rah/