Slander of Catholic Church

Ryan Russell/SYBASE Ryan.Russell at sybase.com
Wed Jun 12 17:52:54 PDT 1996

>Thanks, Attila. I think Paul Penrod and the Archangel Moroni missed my main
>point. I was not singling out Mormonism for special criticism, just using
>it as an example of a "cult" or "religion" which is in many ways even more
>"outre" to many of us than Scientology is. Belief that a body rotting in
>the ground can be baptized into one's church is at least as odd as
>believing that Mankind is descended from the survivors of spaceships
>fleeing an evil overlord.

A point of clarification:

It's not the bodies that are baptized, but the spirits, by proxy.
You don't think we dig 'em up do you?

The point being that even if you've never heard of Christ
(a billion people in China for example) you've still got a shot.
Most christian religions don't allow for that.

I mention this in case any of the folks who are being subjected to
this discussion on this list were wondering what the heck you
were talking about.  We are a missionary church, after all.

As far as the COS goes...Well, a lot of info that the Mormon church
would prefer to keep secret has been published, but I don't think
the First Presidency has been running around suing everyone.

     Ryan