Slander of Catholic Church

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Mon Jun 10 21:49:05 PDT 1996

At 7:42 PM 6/10/96, Rich Burroughs wrote:

>....  Okay, how about this: it's a _religion_ that uses
>deception, mind control techniques, and criminal activities to
>attempt to get as much possible money from as many marks^H^H^H^H^H
>worshippers as possible, and goes to extreme lengths to silence
>its critics.

I don't think this vicious criticism of the Catholic Church is warranted here!

Many of those investigated by the Holy Office actually _were_ heretics, and
the turning of bread into the holy flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ has been
verified by Vatican scientists. Further, those peasants of Latin America
who give their earnings to the Church so that more jewel-encrusted crosses
and goblets can be bought do not see themselves as victims of a scam. After
all, the Church may get richer in this secular world as they get poorer,
but the Church promises them a seat at St. Peter's dinner table in the next
life.

As to the Church silencing its critics...surely you are not referring to
that Jew slander about the Vatican banker found hanging from Black Friar's
bridge in London? Or the Protestant myth about Opus Dei and its
dispensation of papal justice?

The Pope can utter nothing that is false when he speaks ex cathedra. You
heathens had better remember this, else you may expect an invitation from
the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (which some of you
heretics and nonbelievers may know by its old name, the Sacred Congregation
of Universal Inquisition).

Millions alive today will reveal the truth before they die.

--Cardinal Timothy May

(Who believes all cults and religions are basically the same shuck and
jive, and who thinks the "Church of Scientology" is actually a little bit
less foolish that the Church of Mormon, with its "baptism of dead
ancestors" into the Church, the funny underwear people have to secretly
wear, etc. However, I have great respect for the practical tactics of the
Mormons, and no respect for the day to day behavior of the CoS.)

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!