Internet solution for law enforcement

drose at AZStarNet.com drose at AZStarNet.com
Sat Jun 8 17:33:43 PDT 1996

"Alan Horowitz" alanh at infi.net wrote:

>It appears that someone has figured out that medium-sized jurisdictions
>don't want to be left out of the trendiness. And has put together a
>product that can be peddled at the trade shows where Police Chiefs go.
>
>I recall reading that there's something like 25,000 different police
>departments in America. It's a sizeable market. And a very politically
>correct one, right now.
>
>Do these managers _need_ this stuff? Well, did they _need_ all those
>black-ninja hollywood flavored SWAT uniforms?
>
>Now, if they could just get a few more PC-of-the-month phraseologies into
>the title of their product, they'd sell twice as many.  Start with
>"anti-deadbeat-dad software", maybe. "Pro Diversity". "Environmentally
>Friendly Software".
>
>Is America great, or what?

You bet.  PC stuff is essential.  Here in Tucson, the cops came up with a
novel, simple, cheap, and efficacious method to determine cocaine HCl usage:
Put a strip of Scotch (TM) tape across the nostrils of a
suspectee/apprehendee and see if there's any toot on it.

Local judges disallowed this procedure because, in the absence of a
substantial presence of African-Americans in the "community" (they comprise
<2% of local population), almost all of those arrested were
Hispanic-surnamed Latinos.