Electronic Signatures

Anonymous nCognito at rigel.cyberpass.net
Sat Jun 8 17:04:15 PDT 1996

> Michael Froomkin writes:
>
>  > >  > 	The law does not specify how an electronic document must be
>  > >  > signed, but Barassi and others say it probably will mean coding the text
>  > >  > and typed signature so they cannot be changed by anyone other than the
>  > >  > writer.
>  >
>  > Before you get all hot under the collar, may I note that I've known
>  > Barassi for more than a year, and he is very technically sophisticated.
>  > Allow for some reporter-garble.   Barassi understands digital signatures
>  > as well as you do.

I suppose that I'll have to trust you on this score, and hope that you're
correct.  Unfortunately, however, even if you are correct, it doesn't
mean that the law that eventually makes it through commitee will provide
any useful guidelines. <shrug> But this thread has decended to noizes, so
I'm out.

Adios..