RFD: Time to kick some anti-scientologist ass?

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Sat Jun 8 11:03:35 PDT 1996

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the Church of $cientology wars
until recently. Here's an executive summary for those who don't give a damn.

1. There's a gang of flamers (David Gerard, Jon Noring, Ron Newman, Rob J.
Nauta, and the like) who try to stop $cientologists from discussing their
religion on the Usenet newsgroup alt.religion.scientology. Most of them are
disgruntled former cult members and/or members of other similar cults.

2. The anti-scientologists have caused many cypherpunks anonymous remailers
to shut down via their egotistical misuse of them, viz. criminally posting
copyrighted Co$ writings to Usenet. They did it knowing that the Co$ is
likely to harrass the remailer operators, causing them to shut down and
depriving everyone of their services.

3. These harrassers are Usenet Cabal supporters, and they are sometimes
joined by initerant cabal enforcers such as Peter Vorobieff, who visit a.r.s
to lend a helping hand and to flame Co$.

4. Recently the anti-scientologists have asked me for a copy of my cancelbot,
and have been using it to forge cancels for scientologist posts on a.r.s.

Here's a typical anti-scientologist Usenet article lauding content-based
forged cancels: