NSA/CIA to snoop INSIDE the U.S.???

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Fri Jun 7 23:21:14 PDT 1996

This is a fucking big story.

Allowing the CIA and NSA to snoop domestically, and using only a handful of
suspicions and anecdotes about cybernastiness and evil cryptohackers to
justify this major policy shift -- well, it's fucking amazing.

Nunn's proposal, unfortunately, was more than a "suggestion."

But Rory's right. DC *is* in the throes of Internet fever, and it'll just
get worse as the summer gets hotter and hotter. It's almost 80 degress
right now.

-Declan