Internet solution for law enforcement

nelson at crynwr.com nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Jun 7 18:31:54 PDT 1996

caal at hopf.dnai.com writes:
 > Has anyone seen this yet?  Looks like it's two weeks old.  Internet Police!

Hey, I went into the local New York State Police station and asked if
they had email.  The answer is basically "No."  They've got something
like a telex system.  I doubt that they're any encryption on their
data services.  You'd think that police department RADIOS would at
least be encrypted!  Thanks, TLAs, for your crime encouraging efforts.
[ TLA lurkers should have the grace to wince at that. ]

-russ <nelson at crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | It's no mistake to err on
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | the side of freedom.