whitehouse web incident, viva la web revolution

Jim Ray liberty at gate.net
Wed Jun 5 19:09:49 PDT 1996

"Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri at netcom.com> wrote:

<much elided...>

> [...]

<...>

>The frustrating thing about Clinton's scandals is that the press
>focuses on two-bit scandals of little importance, such as Whitewater
>and this ridiculous travel office "scandal", while ignoring much more
>significant dirt, such as the Mena, Arkansas contra supply and drug
>operation...

As many of you can imagine, I am a fan of this site. Naturally,
I think the Whitehouse aide particularly wanted to squelch the
Mena information.

It strikes me as a sort of strange deja-vu that this bigger-than-
Watergate issue is so well covered-_UP_ by pretty-much every U.S.
media outlet except (oddly) the W$J, Penthouse, and "High Times,"
(a pot-oriented magazine). I guess that since Clinton is the most
Nixonian president since Nixon himself this should not surprise
me, and I should just expect Clinton's re-election, followed by
his resignation, as yet-another repeat-of-history. Expecting any
{partisan D.= Fiske, and then R.= Starr} "Independent" counsel to
open this can of hypocritical worms without constant prodding is
unrealistic, IMNSHO.

I just convinced their Webmaster, Mark Saltveit, to go get PGP.
I'm talking him through the wonders of using it now.

<...>

>Real People For Real Change is registered with the Federal Election
>Commission as a non-affiliated, independent political action
>committee.

I have even convinced him to look for any dirt on the Libertarian
candidates (not terribly a difficult job in Mr. Schiff's case <g>).
JMR

Regards, Jim Ray -- DNRC Minister of Encryption Advocacy

"Most of the presidential candidates' economic packages involve
 'tax breaks,' which is when the government, amid great fanfare,
 generously decides not to take quite so much of your income.
 In other words, these candidates are trying to buy your votes
 with your own money." -- Dave Barry
PGP id.E9BD6D35 51 5D A2 C3 92 2C 56 BE  53 2D 9C A1 B3 50 C9 C8
  <liberty at gate.net>       http://www.shopmiami.com/prs/jimray